Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fashion Analysis Program

I put up a page for a fashion analysis program I've been working on for a bit. The concept is: You construct an outfit out of the different clothing items in the library, and it evaluates that outfit on several criteria, such as what sort of occasions it is appropriate for, what sort of weather it seems appropiate for, and how it fits into different gender presentations.


Like me, it understands that gender is on a spectrum. Hooray! It also understands that masculinity and femininity are not necessarily polar opposites and possibilities exists for both androgyny and neutrality. Hooray! It also doesn't view mixing gender presentations as objectively wrong. Hooray! It also puts to rest what's up with socks and sandals.

It also has functionality for adding articles of clothing to it. Here's hoping it isn't full of racial slurs by tomorrow!

Leaving constructive comments on it would make me happy. I wear more rainbow clothing when I'm happy.

5 comments:

  1. There's a lot more there since I last looked. I'm planning my article as I type this.... black beaded formal dress with Doc Martins (do they classify as chunky boots?, fedora and fishnets. *smokin* I love the addition of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious!

    As it currently stands, I think the program has a bias towards masculine clothing 'types' because they're a bit simpler. I'd like to have a catch-all term for socks, leggings and stockings but it doesn't occur to me at the moment.

    I imagine dresses should be their own things, since I think they can be well layered with shirts, vests and jackets and whatnot.

    Also check out these FUCKED UP ANCIENT SOCKS: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Early_socks.jpg Obviously worn by reptile people. Actually they were worn by ancient egyptians in order to be easily worn with SANDALS proving that they were CRAZY

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does, they are.
    and those ancient socks? FUCKED UP! Where can I get some. Sleezak toes- I wans em.
    I hope to have some time to do some writing for this over the weekend, but slow-down may not be in the picture...depends....what are your plans for the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. Okay. I can't stop thinking about the giant egyptian lizard socks. I mean, those are some long damn feet!!! Body part lengths....distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THEY'RE COMING FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUU

    Pajama party on friday?

    ReplyDelete