Saturday, July 9, 2011

If no women wore top hats, my nipples would not get hard.

I wanted to make a post addressing the hostility I see between various groups of feminine trans people. I wanted a post title that would express the value that I see in gender-variant behavior in otherwise cis-gendered people, be ridiculous and yet be (mostly) true.




Most of the hostility I see IRL comes from socially conservative people who identify as male-to-female transsexuals(SCMTFT, or ska-muffet) directed at "cross-dressers". To some degree, this is rather confusing to me, because 'cross-dressers' literally describes a very diverse group of people, some of which include previously title-mentioned women who wear top hats and are incredibly vital to my nipple-hardening. At the same time, I'm vaguely aware of what a ska-muffet means most of the time when they say 'cross-dressers': some combination of old dude panty fetishist(ODPF, or odd-puff), person who is interested in wearing girly clothes in private but not public, or person who is otherwise 'transsexual' (Wearing skirts to work yay!) but isn't pursuing medical transition stuff (Ambivalence!)

Confusion sets in when ska-muffets conflate the later categories of 'cross-dressers' with odd-puffs, meaning that being a non-medical transsexual person means you're an odd-puff, or that by touching a skirt means you're an odd-puff if you do not progress along the road to ska-muffethood, which contrasts with the wide range of adventures I've had with men in skirts that didn't involve anyone getting off (Most of the time).

I note that all of this hostility seems to be directed towards 'older men' what with the girly sexual interests, as opposed to younger men. My theory is that everyone thinks how I think, and finds young dude panty fetishists(YDPF, or yid-puff) adorable and at the center of every amateur manga worth reading.

Online, there is more direct hate-mongering, from sites such as http://ts-is-liberation.org , a lot of which seems like incoherent nonsense and lists of everything bad a dude has ever done while coincidentally wearing a skirt.

I've only really seen hostility in the other direction (from socially conservative men in skirts, or ska-miss) to ska-muffets expressed in various ways online. Its a bit rarer, and is usually expressed as some kind of apology to women-born-women-centric feminists ('I'm totally understanding of your narrowly-defined perspective on gender, and for your approval, I will mutilate people you would accuse of being me. Can I borrow that top?') from places such as CaroLINES blog http://carolyn-ann.blogspot.com

I also see some hostility from ska-misses to other transgendered people in social constructions such as BDSM Tea Societies. Tea Societies put on events wherein submissive dudes serve a group of dominant women, often naked or in feminine attire (This is pretty much an odd-puffs wet dream). The issue with Tea Societies, is that they are a semi-public institution with gender-based expectations on participants with a lot of the leaders of the community being socially conservative odd-puffs. This has resulted in them having gender policies ranging from 'all gender non-normative people that aren't in my old submissive dude french maid panty thing stay the fuck out' to 'you can be in the club, if you are a TRUE transsexual, and we will judge this personally because we are the experts on gender, me the republican with the wet spot in the french maid outfit'.

I would like to tell both ska-misses and ska-muffets the same message I would like to tell all social conservatives: Stop ruining the world. Please, its not that you're bad people, but that you're making everything terrible for everybody. Gender fluidity is very central to my experience as a female (Much more so than the downstairs issue, which is a topic for another post.) and when you do things that threaten the ability for people to be gender fluid in any social environment, I kind of want to hit you with stuff. I think everyone should express themselves as they feel 24/7, and the imposition of 'us before them' rules muddies the issue in unhappy ways. Freedom for everyone, and hot girls in top hats.

3 comments:

  1. Sean, every one of your posts is a treasure to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I'm trying to figure out what you're saying! I'm perplexed by your characterization of me as some sort of apologist; can you explain that?

    Just quick note, you probably should amend the sentencing mentioning me to: "from places such as Carolyn Ann's blog, http://carolyn-ann.blogspot.com". You could make "Carolyn Ann's blog" a link as well. :-)

    (Reposting because of a couple of "oops")

    ReplyDelete